Spring is the season when nature bursts back into life in an explosion of sight, sound, and colour. It’s that time of the year where everything in nature is changing and promising new life and new hope. While outdoor activities are temporarily limited due to the coronavirus, there are still ways to enjoy this year’s spring weather. Below are some of the reasons why you should love and enjoy this season.
- There is more daylight – Thanks to spring we can now enjoy longer days and shorter nights, meaning more time to get things done. Take time out to admire the greenery and burst of colours around you. With the return of sunshine on your skin, your vitamin D levels should start to rise.
- Fresh breeze – What would spring be without its energetic and refreshing breeze that lights up the mood in seconds? As the chill of winter fades, you can enjoy the fresh air by leaving the windows open. Leave your windows wide open and let this warm airflow refresh your cushy home.
- Exercising outside – Did you know that working out outdoors is better than sweating indoors? Whether it’s the after-dinner stroll or morning routine of jogging and walking, spring is the perfect reason to enjoy your workout sessions outside. So go on, let the season persuade you to leave the house even if you don’t feel like it!
- Spring-cleaning time – It’s that time of year to break out the rubber gloves for spring-cleaning. And while many people think that means reorganising your closet and shifting a few things around, spring-cleaning encourages you to rethink the way you approach the deep cleaning of your house. If you’re not into spring-cleaning or it isn’t something on your mind post-winter, it’s never too late to start.
- A cleaned diet – Swap your cold-weather diet with a dose of fresh spring produce. Peas, asparagus, kale, broccoli, and rhubarb are just a few of the fresh foods that reach their peak during spring. Chances are, you’ll find yourself wanting to eat less during warmer weather than you did during the winter months, so use your body’s natural cravings as a way to focus on filling up with whole, fresh foods.
Now that our winter hibernation is over, it’s time to re-enter our social lives and make plans with friends and family. Many people prefer staying in during the winter, but the warmer weather may serve as a motivator to get out and be social. Call up a friend you haven’t seen in a while or plan a picnic with your family to reconnect and spend quality time with loved ones because spring is here!